10.00 Registration and Coffee
Session 1 - Government Funding
10.25 Chairmans Introductions (Phillip Law, British Plastics Federation)
10.30 R&D Tax Credits - Are you missing out? (Jeremy Tear, GGTC)
- Overview of R&D Tax Credits and dispelling the myths
- What you could be entitled to?
11.00 Financial Support Available to UK Exporters (Sabe Tibbetts, UK Trade & Investment)
- TAP and SOLO Grants for trade show exhibitors
- Introduction to the Passport to Export Scheme
- Market Visit Support, Gateway to Global Growth & Export Market Research Scheme
- Export Credit Guarantees – what are they and how do they work?
11.30 Tea/Coffee Break
11.45 Funding For Innovation (Dr John Morlidge, Technology Strategy Board)
- Overview of the role of the Technology Strategy Board
- Different routes to funding
- Applicable competitions currently
12.15 Energy Efficiency Financing (Michael Charalambous, Carbon Trust and Siemens)
- An overview of the Carbon Trust energy efficiency expertise
- Rising energy prices & the energy efficiency/savings opportunity for UK plastics industry
- Energy efficiency financing delivered by Carbon Trust and Siemens
- Helping prove the business case for energy efficiency
12.45 Networking Lunch
13.30 Funding Available for Training (Charmaine Bowers, Polymer Training and Innovation Centre)
- What funding is available and how can I get it?
- Money available for apprenticeship schemes & funding for polymer qualifications
- Manufacturing Advisory Service - What is being made available for SME’s?
14.00 Maximising The Impact of Finance For Your Business Growth (Gareth Davies, G2 Innovation)
- Where do I find funding for my business?
- A question of scale: the funding landscape
- How Funding Can Accelerate Innovation in My Company ?
14.30 Panel Discussion on Government Funding
15.00 Tea/Coffee Break
Session 2 - Financing Growth
15.15 Financing Growth (Mark Bryant, Business Growth Fund Plc)
- How your company could benefit from growth capital
- Introduction to the Business Growth Fund
- Ensuring the correct capital structure for growth
15.45 Banking Overview (Phil Bidwell, Barclays Corporate)
- Overview of the Enterprise Finance Guarantee Schemes
- Current issues in banking and availability of funding
- Trends in the financing of facilities
16.15 Round up and close